Note: Due to time and the hand-written nature of the entries, some information on these ledgers is illegible. Additionally, many pages or entire yearly ledgers have been lost. Data that precedes 1938 have been put together using information gathered from death certificates. Due to the overwhelming number of death certificate, we cannot individually cite each certificate.
Names in blue indicate patient burials in Central State Hospital Cemeteries. Entries in red have been cross-referenced with both the hospital death ledgers and on hand Kentucky death certificates.
Be sure to scroll both vertically and horizontally to access all of the information in the index.
Unofficial Patient Death Ledgers
Contributed by Jay Gravatte | firstname.lastname@example.org
⁘ Works Cited ⁘
- The Lexington Leader, 9 December 1949
- The Lexington Leader, 12 December 1952
- Central State Hospital (Louisville, Kentucky). Death Register, 1938-1979. Volume 1, Record Group 1428C, OCLC 907013257. Special Collections, Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, Frankfort, KY.
- Kentucky. Kentucky Birth, Marriage and Death Records – Microfilm (1852-1910). Microfilm rolls #994027-994058. Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky.
- Kentucky. Birth and Death Records: Covington, Lexington, Louisville, and Newport – Microfilm (before 1911). Microfilm rolls #7007125-7007131, 7011804-7011813, 7012974-7013570, 7015456-7015462. Kentucky Department for Libraries and
- Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky.
Kentucky. Vital Statistics Original Death Certificates – Microfilm (1911-1964). Microfilm rolls #7016130-7041803. Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky.
If you would like to use any information on this website (including text, bios, photos and any other information) we encourage you to contact us. We do not own all of the materials on this website/blog. Many of these materials are courtesy of other sources and the original copyright holders retain all applicable rights under the law. Please remember that information contained on this site, authored/owned by KHI, is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Photographs, text, illustrations and all other media not authored by KHI belong to their respective authors/owners/copyright holders and are used here for educational purposes only under Title 17 U.S. Code § 107.